Two homes are damaged and four people are displaced because of a fire that began early Monday morning at a pet store in downtown Ramona.
Authorities said a stack of bales of hay caught fire at at 947 Main St. early Monday, and flames spread to two nearby homes. Two adults and two children were displaced, a Cal Fire dispatcher said. No injuries were reported.
Firefighters had the fire contained shortly after 4 a.m., authorities said. The Cal Fire dispatcher said the hay bales caught fire at around 2:30 a.m. and threatened power lines and two nearby propane tanks.
Authorities do not yet know what started the fire.
City News Service contributed to this report.