A man died from an allergic reaction to bee stings at his vacation home south of Julian Sunday.
Scott McDonald, 58, of Clairemont, had gone to deal with complaints from renters about bees in the area of his vacation home, according to UT San Diego. He disturbed a bee hive when cutting down a tree, and according to the Medical Examiner, went into shock when he was stung by several bees.
A neighbor found McDonald on the ground at about 10:30 a.m. Sunday and called emergency services. He was airlifted to hospital and died from cardiac arrest at about 9 p.m. that evening.
It was the first death by bee sting reported this year, according to the Medical Examiner's Office.