.

Kitchen Catches Fire in Home on G Street

Several fire engines responded to the Monday-afternoon fire.

The Ramona Fire Department/Cal Fire responded to a small kitchen fire that broke out on G Street Monday afternoon, and were able to put it out with fire extinguishers, according to Capt. Jose Ramirez.

Nobody was injured.

The fire started around 3:30 p.m. when food left cooking unattended on the stove began to burn, Ramirez said. The homeowner returned to the kitchen and placed a wet towel over the stove, but the fire spread to a hood unit over the stove.

The homeowner was able to get his three grandchildren that were there out of the house, located on the 700 block of G Street.

Nine firefighters responded to the call and deployed fire hoses in case the fire spread to the attic, but the hoses were not turned on as the fire was extinguished before it reached the attic.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »