.

Fire Guts Home on Mussey Grade Road in Ramona, Red Cross Assists

A fire sparked by burning candles gutted a home in Ramona on Mussey Grade Road early Tuesday, leaving a local woman without a home.

The noninjury fire in the 15600 block of Mussey Grade Road was reported just before 2 a.m., according to the San Diego County Sheriff's Department.

Investigators determined that the blaze was started as a result of burning candles on a table, investigators told KGTV 10News. The news station also reported that the American Red Cross was called to assist one displaced woman who reportedly lost everything in the fire.

According to a Facebook post by Kristen Hatchett, the fire was on her grandmother's property and it was a guest house that was destroyed. She wrote that the main house wasn't touched by the fire and the tenant of the guest house is staying with family.

-City News Service contributed to this post

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something