Beautiful music, young dancers and a certain Wizard (we don't mean Harry Potter).
These are some of the options if you're looking for fun things to do and see with your family near Ramona and in San Diego through March 15. You also can enjoy a Sunday hike and indulge in a spaghetti dinner to support a local school.
Look for the kids planner each week, and help build it with your own suggestions and tips — just add them to the comment box. Even if you disagree with our picks, let us know. We want to hear from you!
Click the links for all the details.
BEST BET CLOSE TO HOME
- Where/when: Olive Peirce Middle School, Ramona, 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Why Go: Concert pianists Anna and Kirill Gliadkovsky will perform as a family, with their 11-year-old daughter, who is a budding musician.
- Price: $5-15.
BEST BETS, A LITTLE FARTHER OUT
- Where/when: Poway Center for the Performing Arts, Poway, 3 and 7 p.m. Saturday.
- Why Go: See Dorothy, the Tin Man, and the Wicked Witch all over again at “The Wizard of Oz” performed by the Missoula Children's Theatre and young local actors.
- Price: $5-17.
- Where/when: California Center for the Arts, Escondido, 11 a.m. and 8 p.m., Saturday.
- Why Go: To satisfy the dance fiend in your family. Hubbard Street 2, a dance company composed of performers between the ages of 18 and 25, will take the stage in the evening, and offer instruction during a morning master class.
- Price: $28-65 for the performance; $15 for the class.
- Where/when: Goodan Ranch Sycamore Canyon Preserve, Poway, 9 a.m. Sunday.
- Why Go: Take advantage of the first serious hints of spring by enjoying an intermediate level hike hosted by the San Diego Natural History Museum's Canyoneers.
- Price: Free.